The Jefferson Post

Author Shannon Messenger Visits Alexandria

Shannon Messenger will Skype the TAB club.

Mailynn Nguyen, Writer, Reviews

The first thing book fans wish for is meeting their favorite book characters. Their second wish is meeting the author of their favorite book, and, for fans of the series Keeper of the Lost Cities, their second wish has been granted! Shannon Messenger, author of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series and the lesser-known Let the Sky Fall series will visit Alexandria on Friday, November 30, 2018.

The author visit will take place at the Durant Arts Center and will be hosted by Hooray for Books! The visit will be available to the public. Tickets are for purchase at Hooray for Books! (the bookstore) and at 703-548-4092. Two tickets and a brand-new copy of Flashback, the new Keeper of the Lost Cities book that releases on November 6th, 2018 (the book that you may have heard about from over-excited readers), can be purchased for $25. Pay an additional $5 for another ticket.

On that same day, Shannon Messenger will Skype the TAB club. This Skype is only open to members of the TAB club, which meets every other Wednesday during student lunches. TAB club (Teen Advisory Board) is sponsored by the Jefferson Librarians and a librarian at Arlington Public Library. More on the TAB club can be found here.

The Student News Site of Thomas Jefferson Middle School