The Jefferson Post

TJMS Production of “Middle Class”

Anh Phan, Writer

Come and catch the play, Middle Class, on November 2 and 3! You probably have heard about the play in the morning announcements. Middle Class is performing on November 2, 2018 at 6:30 PM and November 3 at 2:30 PM. Tickets are $5 at the door. Mrs. Riley explained that Middle Class is about “the learning that happens outside of the classroom.” The play has scenes that deal with situations that middle school students deals with. The actors and stage crew have to put a lot of effort and time into this. They have to rehearse everyday after school until 4:00 PM. On the week of the play they have to rehearse until 8:00 PM!

While the  auditions have past, here is some information and tips from Mrs. Riley to keep in mind if you are interested in participating in the spring play. Mrs. Riley says you should definitely audition for the play and prepare for the audition. There are plenty of other roles beside being an actor or part of the stage crew, you could be the stage manager, costumes, props, lights, sounds, and run crew.

Here’s a little more to know about Mrs. Riley! She has been a drama teacher for 12 years, though this is her fourth year at TJ. Mrs. Riley is married and has dog named Porter. She  is obsessed with Porter and wishes she could take him to school everyday. She said she loves being a drama teacher and teaching at TJ.

I also interviewed a student who in the play. Penny W. is playing Emily/Claire in Middle Class. She really enjoys going to the rehearsals and has made many friends through the plays and musicals she has done at TJ. “It’s a great experience” Penny said. Her tips for audition for a play or musical are “Rehearse, but not too much. Try to memorize your auditioning piece.” She also said not to be nervous and just try your best.

Come and see Middle Class on November 2nd at 6:30 PM and November 3 at 2:30 PM!

The Student News Site of Thomas Jefferson Middle School
TJMS Production of “Middle Class”