The Jefferson Post

Jefferson’s Most popular books (according to library records)

Anh Phan

During the battle of the books, the library checkout data was constantly changing. Here I have ten of the most popular books based on Jefferson library checkout data!

Starting at the bottom, number 10, we have The Heir by Kierra Cass. The Heir is part of series, The Selection. It is the fourth book in the series.

At number nine, we have one of the books in the battle of the books, All’s Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson. Victoria Jamieson earned a Newberry Honor for the book Roller Girl. The book is a graphic novel.

Number eight is also a book from the battle of the books, The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater. The 57 Bus is a true story about two teenagers and the crime that changed their lives.

Standing at number seven is Real Friends by Shannon Hale. Real Friends is another graphic novel.

Number six is not just one book, it’s an entire series! The Maze Runner series is written by James Dashner and are young adults dystopian science fiction novels.

Right in the middle, number five, is Ghost by Jason Reynolds. Ghost is part of a series. The next book after Ghost in the series is Patina, which is actually another one of the books from the battle of the books.

Number four is Everything,Everything by Nicola Yoon. Everything, Everything is a young adult fiction book.

At third place is Diary of the Wimpy Kid: Old School by Jeff Kinney. Old School is part of a series. It’s the tenth book out of twelve books in the series.

Second place, The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. So far, there are only three books in this series.

First place is…… Diary of the Wimpy Kid: The Getaway by Jeff Kinney. The Getaway is the latest book in the series so far. The main character is Greg, and he and his family decided to take a “fun” vacation. They run into a lot of trouble on the way. Find out what happens by reading the book.

And these are the top ten most popular books based on the library checkout data during the battle of the books. Happy reading!!!

The Student News Site of Thomas Jefferson Middle School