The Jefferson Post

School lunch menu includes some things more frequently than others… and here’s what students had to say

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cody Shoelson

There are various opinions regarding the school’s lunch. Because of its diverse menu, lots of students think differently about it. In order to understand the real reason why, one must explore the menu itself. I did this, and I found many interesting things. For one, it is apparent that the planners of the menu have tried to keep up with kids’ demands. For example, they serve hamburgers several times a month. But some of the items aren’t on the menu as frequently. So I decided to collect some information. What does the student body think? I wanted to get some student input. So I set up a project in which I placed a box in the library. The students could write which of four options they would like to see more frequently on the lunch menu. The four options were Macaroni and Cheese, Fish Sandwich, Chicken Nuggets, or other. If the students selected other, they were asked to write their food of choice. The first part of the project was complete. So I put the box in the library from March 6, 2018 through March 9. I thought that this way, I would be able to see which meal students liked the most.

My thoughts were right. While we did not get many votes, 6 out of 7 of the responses were in favor of chicken nuggets. Another mentioned salad, a more healthy option. I was able to get a good idea of what the Jefferson students thought of the lunch menu.

• Opinion

WHAT’S COOKING JEFFERSON?

• School lunch menu includes some things more frequently than others… and here’s what students had to say

Opinion

Popular books in the Jefferson Library

• Opinion

Author Shannon Messenger Visits Alexandria

• Features

TAB Club at Jefferson

• Features

Spirit Week!

Features

A healthy snack for after school

Features

Candy Grams for Sale During Lunch

News

Career Day at TJMS

• Arts and Entertainment

Freaky Friday: The musical

• Opinion

WHAT’S COOKING JEFFERSON?

The Student News Site of Thomas Jefferson Middle School