The Jefferson Post

Jefferson student is collecting supplies for the Animal Welfare League of Arlington

Anh Phan

An eighth grade student is doing an IB community service project to benefit the Animal Welfare League of Arlington (AWLA).  Some of the items that would be useful are canned and/or dried food, toys, pet beds, and litter pans. The full wish list can be found in Ms. Garcia’s classroom, room 234. The box for the donations can also be found in Ms. Garcia’s classroom.  To see the Animal Welfare League of Arlington’s wish list visit www.awla.org/wishlist.pdf.

The Animal Welfare League of Arlington was started in 1944 by a small group of concerned citizens of Arlington County. It was led by Pearl and Paul Twyne and Mrs. Hugh Hanna. In 1944, there were only 12 volunteers, but now there are over 300.  AWLA  shelters more than 2,000 animals.  They shelter cats, kittens, dogs, and small companions animals.  You can make a difference by donating supplies to AWLA in room 234.

• News

Hiking Club News

• Jefferson student is collecting supplies for the Animal Welfare League of Arlington

News

Jefferson students peacefully protest gun violence in America’s schools with a walkout

Features

TJMS D.I.Y. Club

Features

TJMS Career Day 2017 for Eighth Grade Students

Arts and Entertainment

Spirit Wear Design Contest

News

Here’s How TJMS Students and Staff Stood Up to Bullying During Spirt Week

• Features

Spirit Week!

Features

A healthy snack for after school

Opinion

School lunch menu includes some things more frequently than others… and here’s what students had to say

Arts and Entertainment

Comic

The Student News Site of Thomas Jefferson Middle School